Just a quick reminder for all of the girls in Grade 7-12, that registration for the E'pite'ji'jk Pasik Program will be Thursday, September 19 after school. We'd love to get as many participants as we can. It's going to be a great program and an awesome way to get some exercise and learn some new things. Brittany and I will see you in the cafeteria at 2:35!
Math Test on Data Management
You will be responsible for line graphs, bar graphs, double bar graphs, box-and-whisker plots and mean, median and mode.
Finish the questions on First Nations and Inuit people at the time of first Contact.
Math Test on Surface Area
Finish finding the surface area of the rectangular and triangular prisms
Finish finding the surface area of the 3 triangular prisms from class
Answer the 6 questions about the section "First Nations and Inuit Economy". Make sure to use the text book to help you answer the questions.
Complete the mean, median and mode assignment. Don't forget to complete a bar graph displaying the data.
Find the surface area of the rectangular prism you copied down in class today.
Well we've finished our first week of the 2013/14 school year and it was great. I'm so glad to be back in Wagmatcookewey School and teaching Junior High. I've got a few reminders to help make the upcoming year successful:
1. Be on time! Get to school before 8:45, and eat some breakfast to get your day off to a good start.
2. Complete your assignments in class and get all of your homework done. It will make life so much easier.
3. Attendance is worth 15% in every class this year. Make sure you come to school every day. If you're missing class for a valid reason (ie. you're sick or have an appointment) have somebody call us and tell us where you are so you can be marked excused.
4. If you need help, ASK!!! That's what teachers are here for, to help our students.
5. Check this website to see if you have homework, or if there are any activities going on in school.
6. Have fun! I know we do a lot of work in Junior High, but that doesn't mean we can't laugh a little bit every day and enjoy the school year.
If you ever need to get in touch with me, my email address is email@example.com.
Now, let's have a fantastic year!