The PAL class is tentatively scheduled to go curling at the Baddeck Curling Rink on March 9. Students MUST have a separate pair of clean sneakers to wear on the ice. Please have you permission slip signed.
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays - Badminton and Table Tennis @ 2:35
Many Physical Education classes will be held outdoors during the winter months. Activities such as snow shoeing, cross country skiing, sledding, ice fishing, etc. are all components of the PE program. All students are expected to have winter clothing (jacket, hat, mitts, water resistant pants, boots, etc.) available for each PE class. Also, during the winter months, it is also important for students to have proper clothing and sneakers for any indoor PE classes.
- The trip to Bell Bay friving range will be Tuesday Sept. 12. We will leave the school at 12:50pm Students must have athletic clothing, sneakers and rain gear.
- Students must have their permission slip signed by a parent or guardian BEFORE lunch time.
- We will return by 2:35
Primary, Gr. 1 and Gr 2 - Day 1, 3 and 5
Gr. 3 - Day 3, 5 and 6
Gr. 4//5 - Day 3, 4 and 6
Gr. 6 - Day 2, 4 and 5
Gr. 7,8 and 9 - Day 2, 4, and 6
Physically Active Lifestyles (PAL) - Day 1, 2 and 4 (Classroom) and Day 6 (Activity)
Gr. 7/8/9 PHYSICAL EDUCATION
Instructor: Jamie White
Instructional Time: 3 periods/cycle
Potential Activities: Introductory Activities, Fitness Activities, Dance, Gymnastics, Rope Activities, Juggling, Frisbee Play, Combatives, Flag Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Floor Hockey, Badminton, Soccer, Softball, Track & Field, Low Organized Games, Lacrosse, Table Tennis, Soccer Baseball, Omnikin, Multicultural Games, Traditional Native Games, Cross Country Skiing, Orienteering, Snowshoeing, Ringette, Skills Tests, Weight Training
Theory: Skills Technique
Marking (Tentative): Participation & Effort - 45%
Class Mark -10%
**Excused absences must be communicated directly with Mr. White.
**Indoor sneakers are required. Students will not be permitted to participate in indoor activities without the proper footwear.
**There will also be classes in the winter months in which boots and warm clothing will be required to participate in outdoor activities.
**If a students has an unexcused absence on a test date, the student will receive zero for a test mark.
PHYSICALLY ACTIVE LIFESTYLES (P.A.L.)
INSTRUCTOR: Jamie White
INSTRUCTIONAL TIME: 5 periods/cycle (3 instructional, 2 activity)
TEXT: Personal Fitness: Looking Good, Feeling Good
OBJECTIVE: The objective of Physically Active Lifestyles is to create an awareness of the importance of physical activity, physical health and to enable students to make wise lifestyle choices. This course will take place in the classroom as well as the gymnasium or any other venues that are available to us.
The theory aspect will discuss the body and how important physical fitness is to all aspects of an individual. The activity portion of the course will expose students to a variety of activities which are perhaps more likely to become lifelong activities for many individuals as opposed to more traditional Phys. Ed. Activities.
POTENTIAL ACTIVITIES: Canoeing, Kayaking, Hiking, Back Packing Snowshoeing, Orienteering, Survival Techniques, Curling, Driving Range, Golfing, Weight Training, Cardiovascular Activities (Running, Walking, Aerobics, Tae-Bo), Archery, Fitness Testing, Ringette, Swimming, Bowling, Cross Country Skiing, Downhill Skiing, Tennis, Camping, Ice Skating, Ice Hockey, Geocaching
GRADING: Participation and Effort -50%
Class Mark -10%
* Students must pass the participation component of the grade. (EX. If a student does not pass the participation component, that student will not receive credit for the course, regardless of the overall mark.)
* Homework and other information will be posted on the school website: www.wagmatcookeyseschool.ca). When a student misses a class, it is YOUR responsibility to check this website for homework updates, including the assignment of tests.
* Students must have a doctor’s note if they miss a test or quiz. If a doctor’s note is not received, a zero will be the test mark.
* All absences must be accompanied with a valid written excuse, or communication between the parent/guardian and the school must be established. Excuses for absences in PAL must be communicated directly with Mr. White.
- We will go to the Waycoibah Fitness Centre on Tuesday
- Leave @ 1pm and return by 2:35pm
- Wear athletic clothing and sneakers
Read up to pg. 67 by Monday March. 7
Mondays and Thursdays - Grade 5-12 Badminton and table tennis in the gym @ 2:35-3:30pm. Students must have a signed permission slip!